HND in Business
Awarding Body: Pearson
Academic Year: To Be Confirmed
The purpose of the BTEC Higher National in Business is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualification’s aim is to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake it. The BTEC Higher National qualification in Business is aimed at students wanting to continue their education through applied learning. The Higher National provides a wide-ranging study of the business sector and is designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in business. In addition to the knowledge, understanding and skills that underpin the study of the business sector, Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Business give students experience of the breadth and depth of the sector that will prepare them for further study or training.
The objectives of the BTEC Higher National in Business are as follows:
- To equip students with business skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global business environment.
- To provide education and training for a range of careers in business, including management, administration, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting and finance.
- To provide insight and understanding into international business operations and the opportunities and challenges presented by a globalised marketplace.
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
- To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in business, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in business or a related area.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
- To provide opportunities for those students with a global outlook to aspire to international career pathways.
- To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally-recognised professional qualification.
- To offer students the chance of career progression in their chosen field.
- To allow flexibility of study and to meet local or specialist needs.
- To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
London Churchill College (LCC) facilitates an excellent student experience in bringing practice into the curriculum and helping students to reflect on their work experience and their professional and personal development. The Work Experience Policy sets out arrangements for and integration of work experience and voluntary work-based learning into our courses and identifies responsibilities for the College, students and employers.
Pearson’s qualifications are nationally and internationally recognised by employers and professional organisations. The recognition of the Higher National Diploma (HND) is a way for students to prepare for jobs and careers in their chosen field through membership of relevant professional bodies. Pearson students and graduates may be offered exemptions by professional bodies from parts of their own qualifications in relation to membership.
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.